The game for everyone
Five-a-side football is the fastest growing sport in Australia. Each team fields five players (four outfield players and a goalkeeper), with matches played on a smaller pitch, with smaller goals and a shorter game duration.
Matches can be played indoors or outdoors on a range of surfaces, which may be enclosed to prevent the ball from leaving the playing area. A modified, constantly flowing format, with exciting, high-possession football, great for beginners right through to elite players.
With mixed, male and female competitions, you'll find the perfect match for anyone aged from 6 to 60.
Key features of GO Fives include:
- Played on a pitch a little larger than a tennis court, with five players on court and up to three reserves
- Unlimited substitutions - perfect for all fitness levels!
- Some venues offer an enclosed pitch with no "outs", so the ball is always in play
- Players touch the ball on average 14 times more than 11-a-side players
- Suitable for all ages, all standards, and all fitness levels
- You only need 5 players to make a team
- No training required; just turn up and play
- Divisions for all ages, all standards and separate divisions for Juniors, Women’s, Men’s, Mixed and Over 35's
- Games are 40-50mins long and run primarily across weeknights/weekends
What gear do I need to play GO Fives?
- Depending on the venue, runners football boots or moulded boots
- All players must wear shin pads to take to the field
- Team shirts in a matching colour as a minimum
Your GO Football venue will provide all:
- Goals and field markers
- Player bibs if required
It's easy to register and start playing!