Where traditional football meets small-sided football
GO Sevens is a social format of the game, involving seven players on each team on a modified, smaller pitch. It's a terrific way for existing teams in traditional winter competitions to keep their skills up outside of their traditional season, in a format that gives everyone the opportunity to touch the ball more often.
A typical GO Sevens competition runs for seven weeks, but each GO Football Location can also vary the comp length. With a large emphasis on fun and fitness, GO Sevens is a great way for new players to unlock the social benefits that only a team sport can offer. Best of all, it is suitable for people of all ages and skill levels.
GO Football locations offer well organised seven-a-side matches for players and teams ages 10+ and of all levels of experience, played across a half field (approx) with mixed, female, and male divisions.
Key features of GO Sevens include:
- Games are played across half a full field (approx)
- Offside rule does not apply
- Seven players on at any time, and up to five reserves with unlimited substitutions
- Divisions for all age groups, with mixed, men’s & women’s leagues
- Games are 40-50mins long and held primarily on weeknights or weekends
What gear do I need to play GO Sevens?
- Depending on your GO Football Location, players may wear football boots, runners or moulded boots
- All players must wear shin guards to take the field
- Team shirts in a matching colour as a minimum
Your GO Football venue will provide all:
- Goals and field markers
- Player bibs if required
It's easy to Register and start playing!